LS Re: the four levels

Don Yamandu Ploskonka y Rivas (yama@adinet.com.uy)
Thu, 27 Aug 1998 18:12:15 +0100

Bodvar Skutvik wrote:
> Diana McPartlin wrote:
> > Magnus:
> > > Let's see, imagine a small society, say a
> > > spaceship on an interstellar voyage to a nearby star. The trip will
> > > take several decades and every crew member have a specific job
> > > during that time. Suddenly, one of them dies, but the brilliant
> > > crew is able to build a replacement robot that does the job of the
> > > dead crew member so that the society can survive. One by one,
> > > the human crew members die but all are replaced by robots.

Something like this happened to the US Communist Party as it became
infiltrated by the FBI. It might not be metaphysical, but the example
serves at least on the sociological level

> But what about the Intellectual value dimension, would the robots
> enter that plane too?

I am not sure of the details, and I do not know if those agents were
actually aware that they already were a majority of the higher level
commitees. As far as I know the Party kept functioning, issuing
manifestoes and such, until the FBI was prohibited to continue there,
and
thus left a sort of empty shell when it eventually quit.

--
homepage - http://www.moq.org/lilasquad