LS Time and space and ...

Bodvar Skutvik (skutvik@online.no)
Wed, 2 Sep 1998 17:11:23 +0100

Troy & Don (and Donny) & Squad.

Allow me a few irrelevant and relevant remarks re
the exchange between you two.

I agree with most of Troy's criticism of Donny's "Galathean Letter"
of 28 Aug.(for days Donny sounds the pillar of wisdom. He agrees
that "consciousness" is S-O- thinking (SOTAQI), the next moment he is
at it again about SOM consciousness at the Inorganic level and
subjective projecting of objects etc. :-)), but what really hit me
was Troy's reference to the set opinions of his mother. I laughed
half the morning and then some more, but it is just true! Regard the
mass media commentaries; trite stuff, an ape colony's behaviour is
pure freedom compared to it.

Another thing. "Time"!!!!!!! It sounds obvious that time and space is
necessary for any thing to exist, but "TIME" as we use it in
theorizing is an intellectual value pattern. Real? Of course, the
concepts of endless time and space scare us stiff. From time to time
the SOM heritage lingers that Matter is the "real" thing while the
other levels are mere mind superstructures, but that is not so. Not
at all!!

Don.
I understand so well how you got paid to write. Your message of 1 Sep.
was great reading both in form and content. At first I did not much
like your idea of endless numbers of sub-levels to each Q-level, but
then I started thinking and remembered the squad's early encounter
with the four levels when some agreement was obtained on the space
dimensions analogue. The spatial continuum is made up of the three
dimensions of height, breadth and depth, but each dimension contains
an endless number of vectors. What's more; no one can tell
when one dimension ends and another begins, and yet; they are
discrete. How well does this reflect with your idea of the four
Q-levels and their sub-strata?

Bodvar.

--
homepage - http://www.moq.org/lilasquad