RE: LS Relaunching LilaSquad as a "slow reading" list

From: Andreas Deppner (atomic-s@muenster.de)
Date: Thu May 04 2000 - 10:57:42 BST

Keith, Miv et al,

What would I aim at, reading Lila in this slow reading list ?

Right now I am a little bit inspired and heavily disoriented. What I like
about the slow reading list is the word ' slow '. Going into detail,
answering all the questions, moving on as a group, taking care of new
members. Surveying the origin of this new way of thinking.

As I wrote earlier on I believe it would be beneficial if there are people
which have not read Lila and ZAMM. There is too much structurized,
developed, readymade thinking around. A clash of titans. In a way this is an
immune system - difficult to enter. There are already answers to unasked
questions. Easily they turn out to be thinking traps.

I remember Mr. Pirsig writes in ZAMM about different philosophers and their
motivation. He mentions some use philosophy as training and playground for
their intellect. Is anybody out there feeling anything ?

I'd like more well made mistakes, naivety and a bridge to everyday life. Why
should we not take this whole issue out of the fighting ground and go with
Mr. Pirsig out in the park having a picnic. (Like Ludwig Wittgenstein )

Probably what I'm looking for is a platform which is easier to enter - even
for the interested and unexperienced. What kind of people would enter if
access would be easier and what would happen ?

  In the name of DQ.

Thanx,

                                Andreas Deppner

Thank You Rick for the summary of chapter 1 - 3. We should go on with this
while reading the book.

MOQ.org - http://www.moq.org