Re: LS Lets start from the first sentence.

From: Richard Budd (rmb007Q1@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue May 16 2000 - 17:18:12 BST

> Hey Jon,
>
> RICK:
> >IMHO, that first sentance is "simply" a rhetorical setup...

JON:
With respect, let's not assume anything to be simple before we even
> start.

RICK:
  You'll notice that the word "simply" was in quotes.... I did that because I
DIDN'T want to suggest that it was actually "simple"... RMP's rhetoric is
usually quite complicated and intricate... the "simply" was meant to
emphasize that I believe the first sentace is rhetorical and not some veiled
solipsistic/antisolipsistic allusion.... I could be wrong though.

JON:
> Why "Lila" - Pirsig spent several years studying at Benares, and surely
> didn't pick the name accidentally. The Lila of Hinduism is the "play of
> God" that gives the illusion of everyday reality.... >

RICK:
Pirsig himself claims that he never heard of the LILA from the Hindu
Vedas.... I forget where exactly he says this (maybe the new ZMM intro)...
I'll track it down.

All is well,
Rick

MOQ.org - http://www.moq.org