LS Instant Cloning.

From: Troy (tbecker@gonzaga.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 22 1999 - 00:36:26 GMT

i guess the sense of self is only a static idea, and one way of looking at
the universe of Quality. the idea is nonclonable, since what we talk
about when we say "me" is just me. of course, we can look into mirrors
and point at ourselves, but when we say, "it's me," we mean it. other
operators than ourselves don't have all of the "me" qualities. from the
discussion, it sounds like all such ideas are cleared up anyway.

what isn't cleared up is specifically how the self fits into Pirsig's MOQ.
the idea (which can only be static, of course) is an intellectual pattern
of value, valuing the SOM empirical "apparant truth". our brains think
they exist and are separate from the rest of the universe. of course,
those thought patterns work with social patterns to formulate further
implications (i.e. an apple is separate from the rest of the universe).
and the biological patterns of life help to develop and nurture the brain
past the infantile chaos to which we are born. and inorganic subatomic
particles all support the fundamental atoms and cells (parts) of our brain
that makes it the brain.

i guess these ideas are what the squad seems to be concurring, anyway.

MOQ Online - http://www.moq.org