Re: LS CALL FOR TOPICS - April 1999

From: rich pretti (richpretti@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 26 1999 - 00:44:02 GMT

Two suggestions:

1 - Leaving Quality undefined is a central tenet of the MOQ.
    Following this month's discussion around the presentation
    of the MOQ to others, we can works towards clearly explaining
    why this is so and exploring the arguments for and against it.
    Sarah: "Are you teaching quality this quarter?" "Yes..."
  - You know what it is. No you don't. Yes you do.......

2 - Explore the relations and development of ZMM's Classic
    - Romantic split and Lila's Static - Dynamic split. I think
    preliminary explanations of hip/square - humanistics/technological
- esthetic/theoretic ways of looking at anything, including the
    MOQ, will be helpful in examining our different takes on it.
  - One pattern of understanding (SPoV) MUST contain elements of the
other - balance, latching, yin/yang... this seems to be an ancient
    split.

-rich