LS Result of votes for May 99 program

From: Diana McPartlin (diana@hongkong.com)
Date: Sat May 01 1999 - 01:54:30 BST

Hi Squad

Program no 1 wins with 11 votes. Results are below. I'll post the question
shortly.

Diana

1. With reference to the examples given in LILA, explain dynamic and static
quality and the relationship between them.
Carmen Flynn
Magnus Berg
Horse
Diana McPartlin
David Buchanan
Roger Parker
David L Thomas
Jeffrey W. Travis
Rich Pretti
Bruce Dalton
Leighton John Ellis

2. Given the ideas that (a) when in moral doubt we should always choose the
option that would allow for dynamics and (b) there are a virtually infinite
number of outcomes for any situation--- how can we ever realistically
speculate as to what option would be more Dynamic in any given situation?
Fitzgerald Rory Eoghan
Kevin Sanchez
Bretana, Charles
Richard Budd

3. Is Pirsig a philosopher first and Mystic second? Or is it the other way
around? (or) Has Pirsig generated a philosophy with mystical elements? or
is he a pure
mystic whose "religion" sounds like [but isn't] philosophy.
John Beasley
Jason McKague

4. Capture the essense of MoQ in 81 words, no more or less.
Mary Wittler

5. Is Dynamic Quality the best venue? When do we know and how or if, Dynamic
Quality is or is not the way to choose? Give examples from the books ZMM and
LILA and also from other sources. Other sources might include personal
experiences which involve a choice. State the reason the choice was made. Was
it a Dynamic or Static choice? Were you Right or were you Wrong? and explain
WHY on MOQ terms.
Gene Kofman
Michele D'Alessio

MOQ Online - http://www.moq.org