LS help Rocky get his groove back!

From: Diana McPartlin (diana@hongkong.com)
Date: Wed Aug 04 1999 - 12:10:51 BST

Rocky and squad,

How can I maintain a dynamic interest in this program when I've already
answered this question in this same list only three months ago? No doubt the
others who didn't vote for this topic for that reason are probably wondering
as well. Ha, but I still voted for it!

The reconciliation of Dynamic and static is dealt with in chap 30. I've also
already written some perfectly good posts on it. Frankly I'm bored with it.
But that makes it even better, because now I have to find a dynamic angle on the
Dynamic-static split.

The place to begin has to be where this month's question is subtly different
from the last one. This month we need to say how a Real Live Person can
achieve Dynamic and static at the same time. We don't want just want
artsy-fartsy theory here, we need action ... we need ...

Newcomer Rocky needs our help, squad, so let's rally round!!

Having pondered your static rut at some length Rocky you'll be thrilled to
know I've come up with some suggestions inspired by my own solutions to the
Dynamic & static "modern life" problem:

1. Get your fishing license on Saturday morning. Take a few sickies
this month so that you can go.

2. Become an unmotivated layabout at work. Arrive late, leave early and
take three-hour lunches. You'd be amazed how much you can get away with this
without being fired. Drop the work ethic and practice making
passive-aggressive slights on other people's work and ideas -- that way
they'll be too busy defending themselves to notice how pathetic your inputs
are. Look around you, others get away with it. Why not you??

3. Subscribe to this list at the office and spend your afternoons
writing philosophy instead of working. If dept A asks you to do something
say you are busy doing something else for dept B and vice versa. Always say
that tasks will take longer than they really will and in general be a "no"
person.

4. Light a giant bonfire in your garden tonight, then, after midnight,
cavort naked around it yelling devilish incantations. If you feel like it
you can also loudly curse the names of people who earn more money than you
and and yell lurid comments about women, cars and home improvement tools
that you covet.

5. Make a full report to the LS when these tasks have been successfully
completed.

No need to thank me

Diana

MOQ.org - http://www.moq.org