Re: LS CALL FOR TOPICS OCTOBER 1999

From: marco (mbona@tiscalinet.it)
Date: Mon Sep 27 1999 - 08:57:36 BST

Hi LS!

Another month is coming... I would like to go on with past topic, but I don't know if it's possible....

IF NOT, this is my suggestion for October.

--------------------

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, chapter 14.

" This divorce of art from technology is completely unnatural. It's just that it's gone on so long you have to be an archeologist to find out where the two separated. Rotisserie assembly is actually a long-lost branch of
sculpture, so divorced from its roots by centuries of intellectual wrong turns that just to associate the two sounds ludicrous."

Seen in the light of MOQ, why art and technology divorced? What is technology today (especially information technology) ? Art without meaning, or ....?

Maybe we can't find out WHERE art and technology separated, but philosopher must investigate WHY.

Ciao a tutti.

Marco.

--
TiscaliFreeNet, libero accesso ad Internet.
http://www.tiscalinet.it

MOQ.org - http://www.moq.org