Re: MD Individuality

From: Scott R (jse885@spinn.net)
Date: Thu Nov 21 2002 - 02:54:35 GMT

    Matt,

    I've seen both spellings. The accent is on the second syllable, so the third
    doesn't sound out much.

    I've read the Huntington book (or at least his long introduction), and
    recommend it, as a good example of comparison of Nagarjuna with
    deconstruction, etc. I also recommend Robert Magliola's "Derrida on the
    Mend", which is another.

    So now I better back off a bit on calling Emptiness "absolute", since that
    is a very un-Nagarjuna-ish thing to do. I'll weasel out with the usual: it
    is wrong to say that Emptiness (or anything, like Quality) is absolute. It
    is wrong to say it is not absolute. It is wrong to say it is both, or
    neither.

    - Scott