Re: MD Why I'm here.

From: PhaedrusWolf@aol.com
Date: Sun Nov 14 2004 - 02:31:09 GMT

    In a message dated 11/13/04 9:08:57 AM Eastern Standard Time,
    marshalz@i-2000.com writes:

    While on this list, I have learned many things, and been given many new
    ideas to consider, I am really here seeking a method of putting Quality
    into my life. My hypothesis is that it is found in Mindfulness, or the
    Now, because that is where meaningful choice (at the moment when quality
    emerges, pre-thought) can be made. Are there other suggestions? I'll be
    silent and listen.

    Hi MarshaV,

    First, may I offer that we will receive no benefit if you are silent.
    'Dialectic truth,' if it is to come, can only come from the truth as all see it;
    not a rare few who seem to hold the rhetorical skills to find or define these
    truths. These truths could be intuitive as well. I think it was Shaw that said
    "Common sense is intuitive; enough of it is genius."

    "Quality . . . found in Mindfulness."

    Pretty much what you are saying is that any improvement in the world that is
    to be had is going to come from making quality decisions. (However you
    sub-define quality :o))

    I would think that if you find your Quality in this "meaningful choice,"
    then you have already answered the question "Where does Quality reside." You may
    have offered the best philosophy to live by, or you may have defined Quality,
    or you may have found Quality in your life.

    I might have "other" suggestions, but I certainly couldn't claim to have
    better suggestions. Quality may simply be found in making the highest quality
    choices available at any given moment in time.

    Chin