RE: MD Self

From: Mark Steven Heyman (markheyman@infoproconsulting.com)
Date: Tue Dec 07 2004 - 15:14:29 GMT

    Hi all,

    Yeah I love that Kafka quote. The problem is someone keeps coming to
    drag you out of the room. Maybe in a straight-jacket...

    Then there's this, from the man himself:

    The more he had tried to pin them down on what they were talking
    about the vaguer they had gotten. Now with this Quality he seemed to
    say the same thing and talk as vaguely as they did, even though what
    he talked about was as hard and clear and solid as any rationally
    defined entity he'd ever dealt with.

    Quality. That's what they'd been talking about all the time. "Man,
    will you just please, kindly dig it," he remembered one of them
    saying, "and hold up on all those wonderful seven-dollar questions?
    If you got to ask what is it all the time, you'll never get time to
    know." Soul. Quality. The same? (ZMM)

    Mark Steven Heyman (msh)
    "Thought is only a flash between two long nights, but this flash is
    everything." -- Henri Poincare'