Re: MD Amazed - by Time

From: MarshaV (marshalz@i-2000.com)
Date: Thu Dec 23 2004 - 17:23:30 GMT

    Ian,

    I think your website is great. I love new ideas, and you bring together
    some great ones. It's very cool. I also am fascinated by the brain. 'Zen
    and the Brain' is great. Another book I liked was, 'The Mind & The Brain,
    by Jeffrey M. Schwartz and Sharon Begley. Jeffrey Schwartz is also a
    Buddhist. It was a very, very interesting book. I bet you'd like it.

    The brain is such a neat thing. In 1998 I spent 6 weeks in Italy studying
    art. I was with a class of Americans at the University of Urbino. Now I
    don't speak Italian. I don't speak any other language (to my shame), and
    sometimes have great difficulty with English. I heard plenty of Italian
    spoken, but never understood more than a few words. But after a month, my
    English took on a flavor of Italian syntax. It was an unconscious thing,
    and very funny to hear myself. I've always wondered what my brain was
    doing with this language thing. Oh yes, the mind is a very amazing thing.

    Marsha