Re: MD Access to Quality

From: Mark Steven Heyman (markheyman@infoproconsulting.com)
Date: Wed May 18 2005 - 19:21:15 BST

    Hi Mike,

    Just wanted to jump in here and say welcome to the group. The point
    you make below is right-on, of course. Anyone who suggests
    pragmatism leads to Nazism is beyond absurdity. To suggest that
    Pirsig believes that pragmatism leads to Nazism is an abomination.

    Just a friendly bit of advice: Before embarking on the Holden
    Carousel of Faux Philosophy, you might want to jump into the archives
    and review some of the proprietor's past discussions. These will
    give you an idea of the dizzying ride in store for you. Here's a
    link to my first post, over a year ago:

    http://www.venus.co.uk/hypermail/moq_discuss/8350.html

    You can ride the carousel from there. Wait till you get to the
    theory of "kill 'em all like germs" crime control which, it is
    claimed, is fully supported by the Metaphysics of Quality. Hold onto
    your hat!

    Again, welcome. I've found your first few posts to be well-written
    well-informed, and a pleasure to read. I'm looking forward to
    reading many more.

    Best,
    Mark Steven Heyman (msh)

    --
    InfoPro Consulting - The Professional Information Processors
    Custom Software Solutions for Windows, PDAs, and the Web Since 1983