Re: MD What Good Are the Arts?

From: ian glendinning (psybertron@gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 30 2005 - 15:31:31 BST

    Interesting too Platt, that George Steiner (Pirsig's reviewer) is also quoted.
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,2102-1626588,00.html

    I tend to think Pirsig made the point already that the divison between
    arts and "sciences" is a fiction anyway - I always believed his
    etymology of Rt / Art / Craft / Rite / Right etc was particularly
    telling.

    I would say, MoQ iluminates real life - in general - art is just an
    aspect of it.
    Ian