RE: MD NAZIs and Pragmatism

From: Erin N. (enoonan@kent.edu)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 01:55:25 GMT

    >At any rate, I hope anyone curious will read the Rorty essay in
    >question. It's a wonderful argument for not waiting for the Ultimate
    >Answer before we begin to build a better society for ourselves. In
    >short, it's a call to "practicality" and "action" rather than debate,
    >much like Mari and others have been making.
    >
    >-Kevin

    Well I do have Rorty on my reading list and
    do like a lot of what I hear about him.
    But I am still lost about this call for action.
    Can you give me examples of the actual action?
    The whole public private split AND the call
    to stop debating and take this out to the public sincerely confuses
    me. Right now the call for action without any concrete
    examples of the action being done by the callers are leaving me with the same
    feeling of when I hear a Jehovah Witness knocking at
    my door.

    Erin