Re: MD The Carousel of Faux Philosophy

From: Mark Steven Heyman (markheyman@infoproconsulting.com)
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 17:12:05 BST

    On 4 Jul 2005 at 8:04, Platt Holden wrote:

    MSH wrote:

    > msh:
    > Sorry. I thought the irony was obvious, given that we're on the
    > Carousel of Faux Philosophy, and I wished to spare you the added
    > embarrassment of spelling it out. But since you insist...
    >
    > You expect Maxwell to back up his statements about what a
    > philosopher says by providing quotes form the philosopher's work,
    > yet you refuse to do the same. That's how you got on this ride in
    > the first place, remember?

    You say I refuse to do the same without providing supporting
    evidence. Hypocrisy, thy name is Chomsky's Chum.

    msh:
    Here's a link to my first post in this thread, which provides plenty
    of evidence.

    http://www.venus.co.uk/hypermail/moq_discuss/15230.html

    You could have found this yourself, just as easily. But that's not
    really the point of your claim that I offer no evidence, is it? The
    point is to have me waste my time repeating myself, only to have you
    ignore my argument and evidence, so that you may go on making the
    same derogatory comments, as if they'd never been challenged.

    This is the construction of "truth" through an endless cycle of
    repetition and evasion. It's quite an act. Limbaugh would be proud
    of you.

    Mark Steven Heyman (msh)

    --
    InfoPro Consulting - The Professional Information Processors
    Custom Software Solutions for Windows, PDAs, and the Web Since 1983