Re: MD Art and the MOQ

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Mon Jul 04 2005 - 17:22:32 BST

    Hi Horse,

    Thanks for the references regarding "emergent properties." . Some I had
    looked at before. I get the impression that not only is there lots of
    disagreements about how the phenomenon occurs, but even about what the
    concept means. Besides, a lot of the stuff was over my head -- which is
    one of the reasons for asking Ian his take on the matter. I figure if he
    can't explain it from a scientific perspective, nobody can.

    Good to hear from you. For newcomers reading this, Horse is the master of
    this domain. Every time we forward an e-mail to this site, we have him to
    thank for posting it and keeping a record of what goes on here. As usual,
    those who do the work, the producers in society, rarely get enough credit.
    I for one am always aware of Horse's presence in the background and
    appreciate the time, money and effort he volunteers every day.

    Best,
    Platt