Re: MD ZMM--See what he saw?

From: C.L. Everett (seaelle@gmail.com)
Date: Sun Aug 14 2005 - 16:03:36 BST

    Thanks for replying, Ian. I'm still reeling over one of your other posts but
    I'm adjusting. Makes so much more sense now. The challenge is completely
    different. I was daunted by the wall of words that this forum presents,
    almost a smokescreen to the underlying concepts.

    About the mental state--I don't think Pirsig can be "got" rationally,
    logically, step-by-step, even through the reading of ZMM. So much more plays
    into it. You really have to have an epiphany or a mystical experience or "go
    over the edge" and come back or even, I really hesitate to say this but it
    works for some (a very few, I think) be "born again".

    A big part of my dissatisfaction with Lila is Lila--she is just so . . .
    'yucky' (a totally subjective emotionally felt value judgment). I just wish
    Pirsig would have tried harder to come up with "a plot device" not so base
    or at least on a "universal" human level. I'm really with Rigel about Lila
    and Pirsig "the Great Author" never convinces me otherwise. She never
    attains quality for me.