Re: MD The MOQ implies that there is more to reality than DQ & SQ.

From: hampday@earthlink.net
Date: Wed Sep 21 2005 - 21:40:38 BST

    David --

    > What I have to say here seems compatible with the MOQ
    > and explores something more deeply than the MOQ does
    > but I think it is implied by the MOQ as I say.
    > The MOQ if a worthy change to subject-object metaphysics
    > and its materialist off-shoot will need exploring in many directions.

    What DO you have to say here, David? I'm at a loss to figure it out.

    You said:

    > Absence is very important.
    > Without absence we could not recognise the world
    > and other people and that the world is bounded.

    You say that this "absence" was not "nothingness? If not the boundaries
    that define particular objects and events in space/time, then what is it?
    You also refer to an experienced "quality that has been withdrawn." Was
    that the quality illustrated by your analogy of a ball rolling under the
    chair? Is that quality "absenting" itself? I don't understand your
    rhetoric here.

    > I might claim that nothingness is only possible for that form of
    > experience that is not the whole/One, and perhaps the One
    > does not really become experienced prior to the differentiation
    > into the many.

    Nothingness "defines" our experience of things by separating them from each
    other, thus structuring a differentiated world. It also separates
    subjective awareness from the objects of experience, the primary division of
    reality (otherwise known as the mind/matter duality). If your "absence" is
    something else, it isn't obvious to me.

    I had said:

    > Things are experienced as arising from and returning to nothingness.
    > Such is the illusion we all call the "real" world. Obviously they are
    > supported by a primary source that transcends this coming and going.

    > Why illusion?
    > Patterns/beings just come and go, this is the reality of our
    > experience.No need to under value it.

    Insofar as physical reality is experienced as dimensional and pluralistic,
    it
    is not ultimate reality -- Absolute Essence. Those who understand this
    concept tend to describe man's "intellectually structured" world as
    "illusionary", although I don't insist on this term. Naturally, the world
    of experience is important to us and is the basis of all our activities in
    the life-experience.

    David, since I seem to be having some difficulty getting your point, could
    you explain, without resorting to allegories, what precisely you would like
    the MoQ to change. If there's a new theory behind your statements, let's
    hear it. Otherwise, all I'm hearing is a disgruntled participant with an
    alternative view that he alludes to by innuendo.

    Appreciate your comments, David.

    Regards,
    Ham