RE: MD Any help

From: Case (Case@iSpots.com)
Date: Wed Oct 19 2005 - 18:39:53 BST

    > [Arlo]
    > Indeed, Case, you are absolutely correct. Consider that Platt himself
    > misses the similar point made by Pirsig in the very quote he provided.
    "...
    > but that freedom doesn't have to be obtained by the destruction of the
    > patterns themselves." In fact, Pirsig states "Society exists primarily
    > to free people from these biological chains." Apparently not only "60s
    > intellectuals" have forgotten that fact.
    >
    > Notice too, the deceptive rhetoric, as if I've said the "in the MOQ,
    > the highest moral level is a static pattern of Universal Health Care".
    > It's this kind of deliberately distorted rhetoric that keeps the focus
    > off the topic.

    [Platt]
    Are you suggesting that Universal Health Care can be justified on the
    grounds that it would be a desirable static pattern that "frees people from
    biological chains?"

    [Case]
    I don't know if that's what Arlo is suggesting. But if you are saying it, we
    may at last have found something to agree on.