Re: MD God relieves from suffering?

From: johnny moral (johnnymoral@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 14 2003 - 19:03:40 BST

    Hi

    Do post modernists actually advocate that "moral" lose its meaning and
    become the same as prudence, or are they merely explaining to us that it is
    happening, because we aren't immersing ourselves in a cultural context
    anymore?

    Do they say that people should not embrace whole-heartedly their cultural
    context and believe in their mythos? Do they advocate that everyone have
    their own image of God, or do they just see the emptiness looming ahead
    before most people do, now that everyone has their own image of God, and no
    one has a problem with that, and then try to offer a prescription for living
    meaningfully within that emptiness?

    Platt, do you want to go back to charging people with heresy?

    Johnny