RE: MD Undeniable Facts

From: Richard Loggins (brloggins@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 16 2003 - 02:02:05 BST

    Yeah Platt, consciousness. That makes sense, because when your conscious you can experience things, and when your unconscious, like knocked out or asleep, you can't. This thing about directly experiencing is more akin to emotions than rational thought though, no? You experience emotions before thought and this is very much like experiencing Dynamic Quality before static quality. The Dynamic Quality is primary to static quality, just like emotions are primary to thought. I read an article in Parade magazine a couple weeks ago where it talked about emotions being processed first in the limbic system and some part of it called the amygdala, an almond shaped thing in the brain, being important to processing emotions. Only later (not real long, like a second) does the frontal cortex get involved and thoughts emerge. Perhaps all this metaphysical talk about Dynamic Quality being primary to static quality is really a natural outcome of the way the brain works. I think it's neat how materialism and the Metaphysic of
     Quality dovetail at this point, making me think that both are onto something. By the way, I don't know anything about emotivism or Goedel. Are there any good past posts someone can point me to to find out more about them?Thanks.Rich