Re: MD Double-think

From: Scott R (jse885@spinn.net)
Date: Sat May 03 2003 - 19:22:37 BST

    Steve,

    > Can you explain what you mean by Ironic Metaphysics.

    Metaphysics that has been informed by the post-modern critique of
    metaphysics, and for the most part accepts that critique. But as opposed to
    secular postmodernists, I accept that, for example, the Buddha revealed
    Truth. So, as a metaphysician, I want to explicate that Truth, being fully
    aware of its fundamental ineffability, and being fully aware that I am
    trapped in the language games of my culture. So most everything the ironic
    metaphysician has to say is either paradoxical or has to be said "under
    erasure", so words like "experience", "thing", and so forth, do not push one
    (including the metaphysician) into SOM-ish habits.

    - Scott