RE: MD The mythology of science

From: David Buchanan (DBuchanan@ClassicalRadio.org)
Date: Mon May 05 2003 - 22:45:16 BST

    Hello Rollie and all:

    Rollie asked:
    my question is, are we, in the twilight of modernism, at all able to
    "flip" over into a post modernist mindset...or is that still a way off
    yet? i happen to find post modernism very inspiring...i am a musician
    and have found post modernism to be instrumental (no pun intended) in
    understanding the role of music in our "new" lives.

    dmb says:
    pre-modern, modern and post-modern currents run through Western culture all
    at the same time. And so it is with individuals as well. Its just of matter
    of what dominates, where the center of gravity is, so to speak. I'd say
    cutting edge guys like Wilber are even post-postmodern. His next door
    neighbor might very well be one of those pre-modern fascist types. I mean,
    all these level exist simultaneously both in society at large and in
    particular people.

    Later, DMB