Re: MD MOQ human development and the levels

From: SQUONKSTAIL@aol.com
Date: Sun Jun 08 2003 - 16:20:47 BST

    dmb says:
    Right. Think about Pirsig's idea that we're each a forest of static patterns
    and life is about the migration of those patterns toward DQ. It is a sort of
    principle that lies behind both our collective evolution and personal
    development at all levels. I should add that this idea describes not just
    biological and psychological processes, but also spiritual, moral and just
    about any developmental process that I know of. Its only a generalization,
    of course.

    Squonk said:
    My experience of recommending the forum to date has brought shame upon me,
    for it simply lead to students being put off by asshole statements like the
    assertion that the MoQ is a generalisation.

    DMB says:
    I said that the principle that "ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny" was a
    generalization, not the MOQ. In either case, I hardly think its a reason to be
    outraged. Go away.

    sq: Yes, i see. You talk a pile of crap you see, so its difficult to read
    what on Earth you're banging on about half the time. But yes, i see what you are
    saying. You are saying that it is acceptable to trivialise the MoQ by using it
    as an analogy to explain something else.

    The MoQ - Pirsig's idea - is like Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny - a
    general principle.

    Or, Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny is like Pirsig's idea, the MoQ, - a
    general principle.

    By the way, i am not going away, and you have no right to tell me to do that.
    I know you are teacher's pet sitting at the front of the class trying for
    your Aristotelian A, but Bo isn't here to pat you on the head all the time. When
    you devalue the MoQ, I am here to stop you. Got that? Get used to it.

    squonk