Re: MD DQ/SQ tension in government

From: Paul Turner (pauljturner@yahoo.co.uk)
Date: Mon Jun 09 2003 - 11:39:49 BST

    Hi Squonk

    > One other question if i may?
    > Having seen DQ/SQ tension working well at the social
    > level, would the
    > following be appropriate at the intellectual level:
    > Symbolic repertoire = Static
    > Intellectual patterns - Intuition = Dynamic
    > Intellectual component? Very unsure
    > about this!

    Yes, I think intuition and insight are concepts we
    have for the Dynamic awareness of the intellect.

    > Thus, a scientist/poet/artist has a vast symbolic
    > repertoire available to
    > him/her, while intuition provides new combinations
    > and creative leaps into new
    > expression. Intellectual activity may be rather like
    > a jazz or Bachian
    > improvisation - its movement is away from the
    > totality of the repertoire, but contained
    > by static latchment necessary for a coherent
    > repertoire.

    Yes, static associations between the symbols are
    loosened and then transformed into something new and
    exciting.

    I think the associations made between symbols
    (concepts) is what holds the intellect together. If
    you see the ultimate association of everything with
    everything you see the associations are of your own
    doing (small self) and become enlightened.

    > I was reading about technique involved for Classical
    > guitar in the liner
    > notes to Steve Hackett's new CD, 'To watch the
    > storms.' He says there that Bach
    > increased the sophistication of playing, but the
    > whatever the complexity reached
    > has to have an overall simplicity! Blimey! This
    > DQ/SQ is truly everywhere! At
    > once i felt although sophistication provides more
    > dynamic expression, all the
    > while coherence and balance is the goal, and hitting
    > that goal produces
    > sublime music of a most transporting nature. You
    > feel it? It improves one's life?

    Everything can be 'art', 'art' is simply the DQ/SQ
    complement in action.

    cheers

    Paul