RE: MD Fun in Manhattan?

From: Ian Glendinning (ian@psybertron.org)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 16:27:51 BST

    Nice pitch for NYC, but the relevance to Pirsig is ... ?

    BTW Don't shoot me I'm new around here, but ...

    What about
    The hotel overlooking Central Park ?
    The restaurants ?
    The Pier ?
    Other views / locations ?

    I've just flown back to UK from US (not NY unfortunately) finishing my 3rd
    re-read of Lila just before arrival - more annotations than original text
    now ! And all the scenes on the Hudson and in Manhattan so evocative.
    Especially poignant messages about the big Apple, that most Dynamic city and
    the skyline including the WTC.

    [Quote]
    What a skyline ... Rhapsody in Blue. For the moment the towers of the WTC
    seemed to have won the race ... the Giant was it's own creation.
    [Unquote]
    Ah but which race ?

    I amost cried (again) when Richard came across to the beach to say he was
    taking Lila away after that tough walk back with the shopping, planning my
    life's work in my head on the way.

    Shall I introduce myself ?

    Ian Glendinning
    www.psybertron.org