MD Whale Rider

From: Steve Peterson (peterson.steve@verizon.net)
Date: Sun Jul 06 2003 - 11:41:51 BST

    Hi all,

    Have you seen the movie 'Whale Rider'? I highly recommend it.

    http://www.moviefone.com/showtimes/movie.adp?movieid=14546&date=20030706&resas aults=15&uid=12404&distance=50&view=synopsis
    ults=15&uid=12404&distance=50&view=synopsis

    "In this mystical tale, a young Maori girl in New Zealand opens the eyes of
    her people to the power of women and shows them the true meaning of their
    ancestors' ways when their culture is put to the ultimate test. Based on the
    novel by Maori author Witi Ihimaera. "

    It is a beautifully shot and well-acted movie about opposing dynamic and
    static forces where change threatens to either destroy or save a dieing
    culture. It reminded me much of the brujo in Lila and begs for MOQ
    analysis.

    If you've seen it, what did you think?

    Steve