Re: MD novel/computer heirarchy

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Tue Aug 05 2003 - 22:04:48 BST

    Hi Johnny,

    > So I don't think I will concede this point. Pirsig made an arbitrary
    > and expedient distinction that obfuscates understanding of what social
    > patterns are. By "subjectively" choosing what is in the social level,
    > he is applying intellectual and social values to the level after the
    > fact.

    When ants, bees and wolves have schools, churches, courts, policemen,
    presidents, kings, congresses, elections, political parties,
    fraternities, sororities, newspapers, magazines, movies, TV, sports,
    celebrities, internets and moq.discuss groups, let me know. Hardly
    'arbitrary' or 'expedient' distinctions from the animal kingdom. The
    proper MOQ social level value pattern for your animal friends is a zoo.
    The only obfuscated understanding of social patterns is your own. :-)

    Platt

    Bureaucracy, the rule of no one, has become the modern form of
    despotism. - Mary McCarthy