RE: MD A metaphysics

From: Ian Glendinning (ian@psybertron.org)
Date: Sat Aug 16 2003 - 21:38:46 BST

    Platt, Matt n'all

    Platt said ...
    To have a belief and hold it to be true are the same thing. Matt has
    beliefs but denies his beliefs are true in any absolute sense. His
    denial, of course, is an absolute.

    I say
    That's a smartass corollary to the Catch22 I keep going on about.

    Regards
    Ian Glendinning

    PS1 Just got back from a week long trip in China.
    PS2 I agree with Matt
    PS3 Yes David, I spotted your challenge somewhere in the last 300 mails, but
    I need you to respond to my last message to you, before I see it worth my
    (anybody's) while to respond.
    PS4 Just finished Lakoff and Johnson - Metaphors We Live By
    http://www.psybertron.org/2003_08_01_archive.html#106103076202125508