Re: MD squonk rider

From: SQUONKSTAIL@aol.com
Date: Thu Aug 21 2003 - 13:08:28 BST

    Hi Squonk

    On 20 Aug 2003 at 8:01, SQUONKSTAIL@aol.com wrote:

    > Hello All,
    > Its of no matter really, but i am feeling a bit chuffed. You see, i rode my
    first solo motorcycle the
    > other day, and felt the thrill of man and machine in harmony.
    > Well, harmony may be over stating it a tad, but something was stirring.
    >
    > squonk rider

    Glad to hear another person on the list is getting (or is already) into
    riding motorcycles. Hope
    you didn't do what I did on my first ride which was to go straght up into the
    air - serious wheelie
    - and land flat on my back.
    Just as a matter of interest, how many other folk on the list ride
    motorcycles - casually or as a
    way of life. Just wondering.

    Horse

    Horse,
    I was riding a Yamaha 850 and took to it like a duck to water. Have been
    driving cars for nearly 17 years so i think the experience of accelerator peddle
    sensitivity saved me from wheelies!?
    Sadly, the bike is my elder brother's, but he has assured me i can practice
    allot more in the days to come. I think i may be doing some maintenance in
    order to get the chance...
    squonk :)