Re: MD MoQ platypuses

From: August West (augustwestd@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 21:55:59 BST

    SQUONKSTAIL,
     You say:
    sq: Humans exist in social groups. My intellectual
    patterns are the result of many value choices made
    throughout human history. I can be intelligent and
    creative without subjects and objects.

    I don't understand this.

    How can you think of something without a
    subject/object correlation? As soon as there is
    something there is quality, and either subjects or
    objects or both, as something implies a subject and
    and object. I think this is my biggest "beef" with
    Pirsig. SOM is intertwinded with quality.

    Thoughts?
    -August