Re: MD What is a person?

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Fri Oct 10 2003 - 21:02:35 BST

    Hi

    Small thought on language.
    Is experience, visual experience a form of language?
    I take Pirsig's idea that to experience something
    it has to show up to you, you have to value it, we don't
    notice what we don't value. Loads of information coming
    towards your senses is ignored. Also if you don't
    differentiate between things then you have no things.
    You have to draw a line between sky and earth to experience
    sky as opposed to earth. All the Derrida deconstruction stuff,
    and the key role of 'differance' -to differentiate and defer-
    seems to apply to our capacity to sense, therefore are the
    experiences of our perceptions a form of language?

    regards
    David Morey