Re: MD Truth (rational enquiry)

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sun Oct 26 2003 - 14:55:45 GMT

    Scott

    If consciouness is prior to subject-object, then it must be
    a consciousness without object, at least potentially or originally.
    Would there still be reality/world? If such, one where no distinction
    is assumed or present of subject-object, or I against world. So that reality
    is a totality, a oneness, where you cannot say I or Other of any kind.
    Which is mystic-participatory reality. I then assume that you are saying
    that to kick off the whole SOM alienation and distancing and pushing the
    world away from the subject so that the subject can grasp it, requires
    intelligence.
    I assume that you have a point, because to separate reality into parts you
    have to cut
    it somewhere, and to make any such cut or differance (Derrida), you need
    some
    kind of intelligence. I also take the logic of contradictory identity to
    recognise the
    underlying unity that underlies any such cut into opposed parts, such as
    I and not-I.

    regards
    David M