Re: MD What makes an idea dangerous?

From: MATTHEW PAUL KUNDERT (mpkundert@students.wisc.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 04 2003 - 05:40:18 GMT

    David,

    I had a feeling this was the problem. Rorty is not
    saying that we cannot judge or compare cultures, we
    just can't compare them on the basis of something
    called "rationality". As the quote says, we can
    decide which form of life is better--it just takes
    imagination, not a neutral reason that churns out
    answers like mathematical equations. And I take
    imagination to be a synonym for DQ.

    Matt