RE: MD Capture of a Tyrant

From: Erin N. (enoonan@kent.edu)
Date: Tue Dec 16 2003 - 17:33:03 GMT

    >===== Original Message From moq_discuss@moq.org =====
    >Erin,
    >
    >> Platt,
    >> Yes "irrational" and "fanatic" are insults ---even when they are coming out
    >> of
    >> Bush's mouth.
    >> So Bush's insults justifying the war are not genetically predisposed but
    >> liberals criticisms of the war are geneticallly predisposed? You don't hear
    >> conservatives insult???????????? Give me a break, turn on the news and
    >> listen for 5 minutes. Just because it is directed to a nonAmerican it still
    >> is an insult. Or is it just American insults are genetically predisposed?
    >> Let's start a genetic study right now--the search for an American insult
    >> gene. LOL
    >
    >You have a problem with insulting ruthless dictators but no problem with
    >insulting members of this discussion group? Strange.
    >
    >Platt

    Strange,pro- ruthless dictator. Again thanks for being above insults.
    I thought that your idea of liberals being genetically
    wired for insults was ridiculous.
    Those insults are not just about Saddam but often directed
    to people who don't support this war.
    I'm not defending Saddam or any ruthless dictator.
    I'm just sick of this you have to support Bush or this war or you
    are against America, freedom, etc.
    Its INSULTING to say if you don't support this war
    you are against freedom.
    When you express your ideas of liberals they are not insults but when somebody
    expresses their idea of Bush they are?
    If I really thought you didn't understand what was
    being argued I would take more time to explain but
    I know you consistently just ignore what you don't want to hear.
    Patriot Act, Freedom War.... pretty labels so you if you don't support them
    then you must be anti the label.
    Like I said it seems one step above the cooties argument to me.
    Your patriotism never ceases to amaze or scare me Platt.

    Erin

    I think Robbins expresses it nicely.

     Florida and Seattle, newspapers carried this Robbins epistolary assessment of
    the world after Sept. 11:
    "People who take their religious identity too seriously attack (and invite
    retaliation from) people who take their national identity too seriously.
    "Factor into that clash of essentially egotistic ideologies the voracious
    greed of the multinational oil cartels—whose puppets now hold our highest
    offices—and we have a perfect formula for global demolition.
    "What fools we mortals be."

    TOM ROBBINS : America is a young country, and intellectually, emotionally,
    and physically, it has been exhibiting all the characteristics of an
    adolescent bully, a pubescent punk who’s too big for his britches and too
    strong for his age. Someday, perhaps, we may grow out of our mindless,
    pimple-faced arrogance, but in the meantime, it might do us a ton of good to
    have our butts kicked. Unfortunately, like most of the targets we pick on,
    Iraq is much too weak to give us the thrashing our continuously overbearing
    behavior deserves, while Saddam is even less deserving of victory than Bush.
    Don’t get me wrong—I don’t want American soldiers killed. But I don’t want
    Iraqis killed, either. I’m just not one of those people who believes that
    American lives are more valuable than the lives of others.