Re: MD An atheistic system?

From: Matthew Poot (mattpoot@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 16 2004 - 17:12:40 GMT

    Hello,

    Platt -My point is that one can arrive at the mystic solution without
    necessarily
    invoking anything religious or supernatural. I use the term "Spirit" to
    refer to things that are indefinable but understood, the inexplicable
    mysterious 'hidden" things like the ultimate nature of Truth, Goodness,
    and Beauty that philosophers have struggled to grasp for centuries, that
    mystics (and Pirsig) have discovered to be the most real of all.

    Poot- I would also not really relate religion to 'Spirit' always. Those
    who practice they're
    religions with such over-zealous methods and practices, are just fanatics,
    who don't truly understand Human Spirit.
     I think of Human Spirit, much like Platt does.....its just there.... I
    think it is part of the whole of Quality, as opposed to
    SQ or DQ.

    What do you think?

    Poot