Re: MD SQ-SQ tension in Mozart's Symphony No38

From: Valuemetaphysics@aol.com
Date: Wed Feb 18 2004 - 20:38:32 GMT

    In a message dated 2/18/04 4:54:53 PM GMT Standard Time, mattpoot@hotmail.com
    writes:

    > well, they've maybe released 15 albums or so since vroom...... The Power
    > to Believe, Happy with whay you have to be happy with are the newest.
    > about 80% new material. It is quite amazing to see how they have
    > transformed .... right now, the music to me is very tension potent.

    Hi Poot,
    I have neglected to keep up with KC. :(
    Would you agree there is so much good music out there that one finds oneself
    missing out what ever direction one chooses?
    For example, since January 1st this year until now i have almost exclusively
    been listening to Santana circa 1968 - 1976. An intoxicating mix of Latin
    rhythm and superb blues guitar - wonderful.
    But i like to explore new areas, and maybe it is time to pick up on the KC
    thread and experience some coherent tension? I am glad you find the SQ-SQ
    tension vocabulary useful.
    Thank you for your recommendations - we may get back to this very soon...

    Mark