Re: MD An atheistic system?

From: Matthew Poot (mattpoot@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Feb 19 2004 - 05:46:40 GMT

    Hello Platt ,

    Well, before I start, in your 'opinion' which is the best religion?? Which
    represents the epitomy of human civilisation>?
    I'm sure you know the answer....why don't you 'enlighten' us?

    Dave said: The religious beliefs subscribed to by the majority of Americans
     is, and I say this without exaggeration, childish and idiotic

    I said : Yes. I consider peoples fanatical beliefs in the dogmatic
     traditions of religion, be it christianity, islam, or what not to be silly.
     consider concepts such as 'creationism' to be idiotic.

    You said : I'm surprised that you support the narrow-minded intolerance
    shown by DMB
     towards religious beliefs.

    I say: Well... For one, I am not being intolerant. There is a reason I
    added fanatic and dogmatic
    to the equation. I did not say, nor insinuate that all practicing, or
    non-practicing christians/catholics are stupid idiots. It is important to
    understand that when you take religion, and add fanaticism .... it
    effectively becomes a farce of the original meaning. I also did not say
    that if you believe in a religion, I think you are a fool. Far from it.

    I SAID: I think that if you take the atheistic view, then you automatically
    discount all that has been said in various scriptures,
     even if it is valuable.

    I say: Now, if you read this, with your eyes wide open, then it is easy to
    see that I do not reject religions for what they are, and thus , you can
    also assume that I do not reject the views of people who believe in
    religion themselves.

    POOT

    P.S. .