Re: MD quality religion

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Sun Mar 21 2004 - 16:44:36 GMT

    Hi All

    For me, to talk about something existening is to ask
    whether we can experience it or not. This is complicated by the fact that
    the sort of language you use will be built into and enable the sort of
    experiences you can have.
    This is why SOM blocks out DQ and other qualitative aspects of experience in
    favour
    of SQ related theories of substance and quantitative aspects of experience.
    Lots of religious talk does seem to be dealing with either DQ and the
    emotional/mystical
    aspects that go along with DQ, but also a more SQ based god who is the god
    of order,
    the god of natural theology who can be given credit for the great
    achievements of nature/
    evolution that Pirsig discusses as levels. The problem with most organised
    religion is that
    its dogma is too full of SOM type of reasoning.

    regards
    David M