Re: MD SQ-SQ coherence and the Biosphere.

From: David MOREY (us@divadeus.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 18:57:45 GMT

    Platt

    This is wrong I think. See what Anthony says in his thesis
    about Popper and propensities. It seems that all physical
    systems are a mixture of static patterns and dynamic factors.
    So the mountain might erode to the east or west, whether it
    does one or the other is a dynamic matter and unpredicatable,
    and where there is openness maybe there is choice, perhaps such
    purposeful openness explains the anthropic problem of this
    seemingly so well connected cosmos. See what Pirsig says about
    purpose and causality. I think he has the answers here but fails to apply
    them to the inorganic level.

    regards
    David M