Re: MD quality religion

From: Wim Nusselder (wim.nusselder@antenna.nl)
Date: Wed Mar 24 2004 - 22:05:41 GMT

    Dear Matt P.,

    You asked Platt 19 Feb 2004 00:46:40 -0500:
    'in your "opinion" which is the best religion?? Which represents the epitome
    of human civilisation?'

    You now (23 Mar 2004 07:34:56 -0500) ask (quoting Pirsig):
    'Need we anyone to tell us what is good, and what is not good? (best)'

    No, you needn't have asked, but you did and Pirsig pretended that the MoQ
    could give an aswer. If quality were really so self-evident, we would need
    neither morals, nor inquiries into values (like 'Zen ...'), nor inquiries
    into morals (like 'Lila ...') and our whole discussion of the MoQ would be
    pointless.

    Will you participate in testing the MoQ on religion? Alternatively ... if
    you don't need anyone to tell you which is the best religion, you surely can
    tell us...

    With friendly greetings,

    Wim