Re: MD quality religion

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Mon Mar 29 2004 - 14:29:39 BST

    Hi Wim,

    Never mind DMB's congenital negativism. Your post describing the
    "Religious Society of Friends" was a beautiful description of a beautiful
    religion. It's so close to my own idea of religion as to be almost
    indistinguishable. While you regularly gather with others in meetings to
    seek and experience God, I intermittently gather with others in concert
    halls, museums and the great outdoors to seek and experience DQ. While you
    remain silent until you and others are moved to speak, I remain silent to
    let the music, artwork or natural scene speak. But, these are mere
    quibbles.

    Thanks much for taking the time and trouble to explain what Quakers are
    all about. If I weren't an atheist, I'd probably be a Quaker, too. :-)

    Regards,
    Platt