Re: MD quality religion

From: Wim Nusselder (wim.nusselder@antenna.nl)
Date: Tue Mar 30 2004 - 06:54:53 BST

    Dear Dan,

    You wrote 29 Mar 2004 17:11:03 -0500:
    'Isn't God...God??? And isn't DQ...DQ??? IMO, these two may be related but
    they are NOT the same thing'

    They're not 'things' anyway. They are concepts, symbolic constructs, in
    unrelated vocabularies, ways of thinking. We can create new vocabularies and
    see whether they 'work' (as representations of our experience) by
    experimentally equating concepts from different vocabularies. (God = DQ is
    not the only one that has been tried. DQ = religious mysticism is another
    one. Sam preferred God = Quality.) There is no way in which we can say 'they
    are' or 'they are not' 'the same thing' (or rather: 'they do' or 'they don't
    refer to the same experience') WITHIN the two unrelated vocabularies these
    concepts come from. (Otherwise they wouldn't be unrelated.) You would need
    an overarching vocabulary that already relates 'DQ' and 'God' in a specific
    way to do so.

    With friendly greetings,

    Wim