Re: MD (no subject)

From: MBSJ79@aol.com
Date: Sat Apr 03 2004 - 17:34:11 BST

    In a message dated 4/2/04 10:04:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
    arborealman@comcast.net writes:

    > TO mbsj79, ; To me morality is one of those things that is tough to
    > explain, but You know it when You see it. I think it ties in with common sense. I
    > think they both tie in with quality. The golden rule [do unto others as you
    > would have them do unto you] is a good example. I thik a good idea would be
    > to always try to make this world a little bit of a better place. Im not saying
    > sell everything you own and give it to the poor. Simply using that as a
    > parameter when faced with any decision large or small, I believe You will
    > automatically advance both morality and quality. Steve P.

    i'm not so sure about common sense. does a mentally retarder person possess
    what more fortunate people call "common sense?" yet i seem to remember
    something pretty morally amazing happening at the Special Olympics not-too-long ago.
    and as for golden rule, etc., i have a loose, basic definition of Morality that
    geos something like: "if something is done with the intention of bettering an
    existing situation, then that which is done is moral; unless that which is
    done bears consequences worse than what it was intended to fix", etc. of course
    there's more than that and one quickly discovers it becomes more and more
    complex and harder and harder to define...