Re: MD Consciousness & DQ & collapse of the wave function

From: Ian Glendinning (ian@psybertron.org)
Date: Sat Apr 17 2004 - 00:06:23 BST

    David,

    Whether Penrose specifically made this link or not, I cannot say, but you
    should be aware that a large number of physicists and other disciplines that
    are treat consciousness scientifically believe there is a physical
    connection between consciousness and quantum physics. There are for example
    biannual conferences at Tsucon, Arizona on The Quantum Mind and The Science
    of Consciousness. The participants are serious (Nobel Prize winning)
    scientists and the like.

    Try
    http://consciousness.arizona.edu/conference/tucson2004/
    And
    http://consciousness.arizona.edu/conference/o_quantummind.php

    If you like those try Quantum Information, Quantum Genetics and Holochory
    too. Several science writers who've seen the link between the eastern
    "aesthetic continuum" (as opposed to SOMist perspective) and modern physics
    post Heisenberg et al, seem to find compelling evidence that the "whole in
    the part" aspects of Holochory (eg Holograms) are related to "interconnected
    / non-local / sub-consciousness". Obviously more people believe they're
    cranks than believe them, but that's not unusual. Takes more than one
    generation for people to recognise truth.

    Pirsig's SODV paper was almost there too I believe, and the same institution
    (in Belgium) continues to research this area.

    Fascinating thoughts : 1
    Coherent argument : 0

    But you better believe it.
    Ian Glendinning