Re: MD What have you freed lately?

From: Platt Holden (pholden@sc.rr.com)
Date: Tue Apr 20 2004 - 14:53:40 BST

    Dear Wim, Steve, Poot,

    > Dear Platt, Steve Peterson and Matthew Poot,
    >
    > You may have guessed, Steve, that I very much agree with what you wrote 31
    > Mar 2004 14:29:28 -0500. Maybe I am not the only one, as it seems to have
    > stopped the discussion in this thread...

    The pause that refreshes, to think things over. :-)

    > And yes, Matthew, Steve's 'openness to dynamic improvement' ('MoQ informed
    > freedom') implies freeing your self, (temporarily) letting go of your ego
    > and other high quality static patterns of value.
    >
    > Your question was framed in a misleading way, Platt, in my opinion. It
    > should not have been 'What have YOU freed lately?' but 'What has freed YOU
    > lately?'

    Your emphasis on 'you' being freed from static patterns is still feeding
    your ego, just as helping others makes 'you' feel good. Those who pursue
    enlightenment are also padding their egos. To forward evolution, one must
    free a universal static pattern by creating a new and better pattern to
    take its place. Often it takes a monumental ego to accomplish that, such
    as the brujo had in the Zuni story.

    At our present stage of evolution, it is individual egos who break old
    patterns in significant ways to further the march of freedom towards
    betterness -- another reason to consider changing the name of the
    Intellectual Level to the Individual Level.

    Best regards,
    Platt