Re: MD Ronald Reagan

From: Mark Steven Heyman (markheyman@infoproconsulting.com)
Date: Tue Jun 08 2004 - 23:12:07 BST

    Vito, Adam, MarkM, Platt,

    Thanks Vito, for the quote. The truth is that Chomsky is not a
    Marxist, and never has been. He's not a Communist, and never has
    been, although he might say that some Marxist and Communist ideas
    have merit. But, hell, so would Rush Limbaugh if someone would read
    him a book or two. The fact that Platt keeps calling Chomsky a
    Marxist, just shows how little Platt knows about both Marx and
    Chomsky.

    Adam, boy, relax. I need you healthy, for on the seas of this frothy
    forum, there be dragons!

    Best to all,
    Mark Steven Heyman (msh)

    On 8 Jun 2004 at 23:19, Exxon Valdez wrote:

    Hello,
    I wouldn´t say that Chomsky >>champions Marxism.<< and he is
    definetly no supporter ofMarxist-Leninism.

    >>. . . In fact, Limbaugh's views are higher quality than Chomsky's.
        He
        battles for freedom while Chomsky champions Marxism. . .<< Platt
        Holden

    >>. . .Bakunin's warnings about the Red bureaucracy that would
    institute the worst of all despotic governments were long before
    Lenin, and were directed against the followers of Mr. Marx. There
    were, in fact, followers of many different kinds; Pannekoek,
    Luxembourg, Mattick and others are very far from Lenin, and their
    views often converge with elements of anarcho-syndicalism. Korsch and
    others wrote sympathetically of the anarchist revolution in Spain, in
    fact. There are continuities from Marx to Lenin, but there are also
    continuities to Marxists who were harshly critical of Lenin and
    Bolshevism. Teodor Shanin's work in the past years on Marx's later
    attitudes towards peasant revolution is also relevant here. I'm far
    from being a Marx scholar, and wouldn't venture any serious judgement
    on which of these continuities reflects the 'real Marx,' if there
    even can be an answer to that question. . .<< Noam Chomsky

    Sincerely.
    Vito

    Hitta rätt i webbdjungeln med MSN Sök. Klicka här MOQ.ORG -
    http://www.moq.org Mail Archives: Aug '98 - Oct '02 -
    http://alt.venus.co.uk/hypermail/moq_discuss/ Nov '02 Onward -
    http://www.venus.co.uk/hypermail/moq_discuss/summary.html MD Queries -