Re: MD the metaphysics of free-enterprise

From: Dan Glover (daneglover@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Jul 11 2004 - 17:27:37 BST

    Hello everyone

    >From: "Elizabeth Graves" <libertytowercranes@hotmail.com>
    >To: moq_discuss@moq.org
    >Subject: Re: MD the metaphysics of free-enterprise
    >Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2004 02:21:52 -0500
    >
    >ok i need a moral decision on this, my husband and i own a business it has
    >been very successful over the past year and i am miserable. i think and my
    >husband agrees that we should scale back and get to a place again that i
    >would recognize him in a police line up. hypothesizing is great but in the
    >real world there are moral dilemmas that effect real people other than
    >myself I understand the dychotomy but its the age old problem of my needs
    >versus the common good. and if i sell my needs out how am i taking care of
    >th common good. this may be way basic for you guys but id like some
    >input(hey at least its not about sex)

    Hi Elizabeth

    Without knowing the particulars it's hard to comment. Are you involved with
    the business too? Is your husband an apha male who must be in charge of
    everything and has difficulty delegating? There's a number of books I could
    recommend that advise how to best grow a business without spending 25 hours
    a day doing it but I'm not sure if that's what you're looking for.

    Scaling back a business has its problems too. Like pruning a tree, it has to
    be done properly and at the right time, otherwise the tree will die. I guess
    it all depends on what you want in life. I prefer to run my business and not
    to have it run me but I also find that's wishful thinking most of the time.

    Good luck,

    Dan